Hyunjin Hwang

wet.jpg

Chain necklace, cushion-shaped Trinity ring used as a pendant and Santos de Cartier necklace, cushion-shaped Trinity ring, all Cartier. Cardigan Lierre by 10 Corso Como Seoul. Pants stylist’s own.

There was an aspect that impressed me while watching an old interview. Many people praise Hyunjin's dancing skills, but Hyunjin said that he actually thinks of himself as the one who makes an impact on stage. I felt that it was a story about 'self-direction.'

I think I’m a person who has a greater passion for the stage than for dancing. Being good at dancing is the basic thing, but I’m more interested in the process of thinking about how to create and show my own thing, researching, and realizing it on stage. I feel like I’m who I am now through those things. I’m absorbed in something, creating a specific character, and acting it out… In fact, I know that the feeling I pursue is not ordinary, so it might seem a bit excessive. But these days, I feel that it’s important to just do what I want to do. It’s important to have my own thing. I think that if I continue to do this and cultivate my style, I’ll develop a popular aspect. So these days, I’m really doing what I want. (Laughs)

I was curious about that. Hyunjin's style was really unique during 'Chk Chk Boom' promotions. If not Hyunjin, who would have done that? Was that Hyunjin's choice?

Oh, I asked for the costume. I had a feeling that I really wanted to try in the song 'Chk Chk Boom', but no matter how much I looked, I couldn't find a design that matched the feeling I had in mind. So I drew a picture on my iPad and sent it to the person in charge. I pasted my photo on it, and I expressed things like a red cardigan, tight leather pants, a flowing feel, and unique red sunglasses. Fortunately, the stylists understood and completed it well, and the timing was good, so it worked out. This time, I was a bit greedy in terms of style.

In a previous interview, Hyunjin said that his art and his music career were completely separate things. I don’t know if I’m over-reading it, but I think those separate, strong affections sometimes unintentionally connect.

As you said, it wasn't intentional at all, but this time I just did my best to do what I wanted to do well, and it just happened to work out. Even now, I don't really have any intention of combining the things I like. I just draw covers of my own music? That's about it.

You don't intentionally create contact points, but once a connection is made, you don't necessarily avoid it.

Actually, in my mind, creation is not divided into areas. It's all connected to some extent. When you look at a painting, there's text in it. It's the things the artist wants to express through the painting. That's why you can feel like you're reading a book while looking at a painting. Then, I try to express them through music, and conversely, I try to incorporate someone's words into art. In a way, it all comes from a person's life. 'The painting on the canvas is in a way the life of the person who painted it.' When I approached it that way, my paintings got better. I felt like I was studying life.
Cushion shape trinity necklace Cartier. Jacket Time Homme.

Cushion shape trinity necklace Cartier. Jacket Time Homme.

Even though I'm busy, I occasionally draw pictures and post them on Instagram. In fact, for creative works like paintings, you can't work on them for an hour even if you're given an hour. You need time to immerse yourself in a state where you can work.

(Laughs) That's right. That's why I draw a lot of figurative paintings. It's much easier in that sense. Since my job is an idol, I sometimes feel burdened and afraid of presenting abstract works. That's why I respect people who do abstract works even more. Whether people understand it or not, it takes a lot of courage to express what you feel in the most appropriate form. Sometimes, when I see works, I want to give them a big round of applause. I can't do that, so I'm continuing to study figurative paintings, but I want to study art more and draw a lot of abstract paintings someday.

If you look at your Instagram feed, you've been noticing some rather abstract works lately, right?

Let's try it little by little.

A year ago, I said that I was afraid of the public's opinion about 'an idol putting out abstract paintings'. So I looked at Instagram and felt happy to myself. I thought, 'Even if you're scared, you're someone who takes one step at a time.'

I don’t think my thoughts have changed. I’m still afraid. But I like it so much that I’m trying to get closer little by little. For now, I’m thinking about the parts I can omit from my paintings. If I were to draw a glass with flowers in it, I used to want to express everything. How to perfectly express the glass, the details of the flowers… I wanted to show off my drawing skills. Now, I’m giving up on that and thinking about how to focus more on my paintings, but it’s not as easy as I thought. It’s harder to take away than to fill.

Is closing the comment window on a picture post also a product of fear?

That's because I don't want to be shaken. There are many people who give me positive feedback, but I don't want to decide my color based on that. I think it's time to explore something inside myself and find my own individuality rather than accepting feedback. And I also don't want to be someone to artists. In any case, those who love me will love my work as well. However, if there's only positive feedback, it might be uncomfortable for those who have chosen art as their real career.
Cushion-shaped trinity ring with diamond setting on the ring finger, cushion-shaped trinity ring on the middle finger, and Love single earring, all by Cartier. Jacket by Ernest W. Baker by 10 Corso Como Seoul. Sleeveless top by Noyce. Pants by Recto.

Cushion-shaped trinity ring with diamond setting on the ring finger, cushion-shaped trinity ring on the middle finger, and Love single earring, all by Cartier. Jacket by Ernest W. Baker by 10 Corso Como Seoul. Sleeveless top by Noyce. Pants by Recto.

You are a very cautious person.

It's just how I feel. When I look at the works of artists I respect, I don't want to do anything that could possibly hurt them. I'm really serious about art, but if that sincerity is misunderstood, it can hurt some people.
I'm so busy that 11 p.m. is considered early, but I draw, exercise, and even make time to communicate with my fans through live broadcasts.

I do it because I want to. There aren't many people around me that I can talk to. I mostly talk to Stray Kids members, but it's kind of hard to call them late at night. So now I turn on the live broadcast and chat with the fans. When it's time to turn it off, I'm the one who regrets it the most. (Laughs)

At the end of your recent live broadcast, you asked your fans, “What do you think about when the live broadcast ends?”

Yes. I want to keep going, but I still have to sleep. I feel sad before turning it off, but when the live ends, I feel empty. That's why I thought that maybe the fans feel the same way. When I asked, they said yes. They said it's so quiet when the broadcast ends. So I thought about it. What if I do something like ASMR, like drawing something with a pencil, towards the end? That way, I can calm down a bit and the empty feeling will go away, and if I'm lucky, I might even fall asleep with it on. I'm trying various things.

Oh my. I think this is the first time I've heard such heartbreaking fan love.

(Laughs) I usually meet my fans a lot, but I felt a lot of things during this concert in particular. When I see them at the concert hall, I can feel it in their eyes. How much they love me, how much they care for me. I think I kept turning on the live broadcast because I felt that so much after a long time. It's hard to explain in words, but I feel empty, but on the other hand, I feel very proud when the broadcast ends. I feel like I had a good time with my fans, and my fans had a good time with me. I fall asleep with that feeling that we've become very close.

*See more images not published in the web article in the October 2024 issue of Esquire.
Cushion-shaped Trinity bracelet, cushion-shaped Trinity rings on the index and ring fingers, Santos Dumont watch with yellow gold case and taupe grey dial, all by Cartier. Vest and top, both from the stylist’s own collection.

Cushion-shaped Trinity bracelet, cushion-shaped Trinity rings on the index and ring fingers, Santos Dumont watch with yellow gold case and taupe grey dial, all by Cartier. Vest and top, both from the stylist’s own collection.

Credit​

• FASHION EDITOR YOON WOONG-HEE
  • FEATURES EDITOR Oh Seong-yoon
  • PHOTOGRAPHER AN JU YOUNG
  • STYLIST Kim Hye-jeong
  • HAIR Choi Bo-ra
  • MAKEUP Jeon Ji-won
  • ASSISTANT Song Jeong-hyeon/Song Chae-eun
  • ART DESIGNER Kim Dae-seop

Last edited:
I am going to comment chronologically on "his" interview.

As you might have already read from my postings, you can find the same quotes, wordings, and propaganda, in every interview of those "famous" people. the kpop - niche is filled with certain phrasing, words, clickbaits. I have the feeling that the questions asked have been incorrectly translated, in regards to the person asking the question. But just a matter of "I" vs "you".

"Even the veteran staff who work night shifts like it's nothing were all a bit tired. Towards the end of filming, the energy contrast was so great that it almost felt out of place. It's like a father who brings his drunk friends home late at night and wakes up to see his son excited all by himself.

Hahaha. That's right. In fact, there are some parts that are a bit 'tough'. It's good to cheer everyone up when they're all so tired. And now that it's almost over, I think I'm actually a bit excited about going out to eat."

The interviewer promoting drinking. How cool is it, it's like when you're drunk.
One of the most used words by kpop =ers : "cheer". To cheer up, cheer us, etc.
Imagine being an adult and having someone behaving as if you are an infant who needs applause for everything...That's the environment they're being reduced to.

"Stray Kids' last Seoul concert of their world tour <dominATE> ended two days ago. I thought it was the aftereffects of that energy.

There's definitely that part too. In fact, before the world tour started, we didn't have many opportunities to meet fans in person. So we met for the first time in a long time through a concert, and this time, STAY (Stray Kids' fandom name) seemed to be enjoying the show more than usual. When I saw that, I got excited too, and STAY liked it again... That's why I've been in a good mood lately."
Nevermind the fact, that the overall vocabulary, questions and answers are similar to what my kindergarten kids are doing as homework, but overall nothing from this interview makes sense, including this paragraph.
There is no "meeting fans in person". It's another manipulative tool, to make fans live in this parasocial relationship. A tool they are being taught to say and repeat - if you look into each of their lives, it doesn't matter the band, you will find the same phrasing and wording.
There is a public, who goes to a concert. A meeting, is when people, or a group of people meet for a formal discussion.
"meet in person" is the parasocial way of making fans believe, that they had somehow a real meeting with their object of obsession.

I did not see their fans enjoying their last show more than usual.
Sorry, what's this idiocy - I saw that and I got excited too and STAY liked it again....
alright then, no comment....

"A world tour is basically holding concerts one after another, all around the world. I thought it would be a constant burden, but there is still energy that comes from time to time.

Rather, I think the first concert is the most nerve-wracking. It’s the first time we’re showing what we’ve prepared, so we’re nervous, and we can’t ignore the fact that Seoul is where we start. But STAY loved it so much, so now I think I’m looking forward to it. I just want to have fun. In fact, when I’m doing a stage because I really enjoy it, it’s more obvious from the audience’s perspective. I want to become one with the overseas fans I haven’t seen in a long time and have fun together. If there’s any pressure, it’s that I have to take good care of my condition so that I can maintain that mindset until the end of the world tour."
Again, kindergarten level. Explaining what a world tour means.
I don't think that the translation is bad, because I've seen this expression with others as well "doing a stage" - there is no doing, having, etc... a stage.
A stage is the platform where your work is being presented.
What is the meaning of "becoming one" with the overseas fans?? No idea. Other then a emotional manipulation of those fans.

"Don't feel pressured, just stress as much as necessary to do well.

That's true, in the past, even if I just went at it recklessly, I could somehow get through it. I could just eat whatever I wanted and push myself a bit in terms of my condition, but I could still go on tour. But now, I feel like it might be difficult if I don't manage it more systematically. It's strange, even though it's only a few years apart. (Laughs) So these days, I'm exercising regularly and taking care of my diet."
How much of an idiot is the interviewer?? Stress as much as necessary to do well? There is no "well". There is no "stress as much as necessary to do well".
You go on a stage and if you have nothing to present, nothing that makes you outstanding and better than the rest, you don't put your foot on a stage.
When you concentrate on the work, there is no measurement of "how much" and when do you stop stressing because it's "well". It doesn't make any sense, what they are talking about.

Him answering with "in the past"...I could eat whatever I wanted...that's not even the point of the discussion and points to bad education and no teacher around him.

What's with all of them saying so often "these days" ?

"It could be that the tour's perfection or my expectations for myself have gotten higher. At this time last year, I did a pictorial for Esquire and Cartier. When I was watching the shoot earlier, I thought that even though it's only been a year, the atmosphere has changed a lot. It was definitely sexy last year, but now it's a decadent, rock chic feeling.

Really? Is it because I listen to a lot of rock these days? (Laughs) Thank you. That's the feeling I'm going for these days. Last year's pictorial actually had a fresh feeling from the concept, but today's shoot was a bit more my own color, so I think it came out well with a dark and decadent feeling."
That's an incident, where I believe that the "I" in the sentence is meant to be "you".

Absolutely bullshit whatever it was asked and answered.

"If in the first pictorial, we tried to understand and express Cartier's mood, then as we continued to collaborate, I think we're now moving on to a stage where we're expanding Cartier's existing image within Hyunjin.

Cartier has its own image of the brand Cartier. Every brand has its own. I’ve always liked Cartier, so I try to understand and adapt to its style. But as we worked together, I saw that Cartier respected and liked the mood I pursued. I felt like they accepted me as I am, and I was so grateful. So rather than saying that I’m expanding something, I think it would be more accurate to say that the collaboration has moved to the next level. I think we’re boldly trying out our own colors."
This smells a lot like a gay propaganda "show your colors" and it's also a bunch of lies, trying to make the fans trend Cartier because they think, that Hyunjin has some words to say.
Also - what the hell are they talking about?? He wore some Cartier items for a photoshooting, it's not the fucking collaboration of the century between two musicians or ballet dancers!

"Another thing that surprised me while watching the filming was that my body had gotten a lot better.

(Laughs) Oh, I worked out a bit before the concert. I didn't bulk up, but I did aerobic and weight training to tone up my muscles. I think some of my fans might be surprised because I showed a lot of skin today. I think it would be nice to show a different side of me on this occasion. I'm also a little excited that you'll like it.

Since the big muscles have good definition, I thought that they must have been through a lot of hardships, whether it be through exercise or diet.

It wasn't easy. I didn't have time, so I went to work out every morning, and ran along the Han River from the crack of dawn. I ran this morning too."

Since when "showing a different side" means stripping naked?

"It's even more amazing how lively you are up until this point. (Laughs) There's been a lot of good news from Stray Kids recently. What was the happiest news for Hyunjin?

Me. Um… More than anything, I feel very grateful that there are fans who wait for us so that we can go on a world tour. I am grateful for the music charts and album sales, but the concerts would be impossible without those who wait for us. In fact, the scale of the concert halls for this tour is much larger than before. Despite that, so many people responded, and that makes me the happiest."

"wait for us" ? Do you people mean, that they don't go out looking for other cute guys? Good luck with that. Why do you think boy bands fade? Even male singers?
Because fans look for a new parasocial relationship.
Good luck when you all get married, with all this bullshit "army/stay" are our girlfriend, please cheer for us.

"There was news that Stray Kids had achieved #1 on the Billboard 200 chart with five consecutive albums, headlined major festivals like Milan I-Days, London BST Hyde Park, and Chicago Lollapalooza, and became the first Asian artist to grace the cover of Rolling Stone UK, but what Hyunjin was happiest about was the news that fans were still waiting for them.

I’m really grateful for that kind of news. But more than hearing about records, it’s much more touching when people cheer us on and dance with us when we go on stage. I get so excited when I think that there are people waiting for that moment, and I think that’s what I’m most thankful for. I find performing the most fun. I was really happy to be able to headline such big festivals. Of course, being on the cover of <Rolling Stone UK> was also a big deal. It’s something that anyone who does music dreams of. As someone who’s been a fan of British rock for a long time, it was a big dream for me, and it was amazing, and I think I’ll want to brag about it when I get older. “I was on the cover of <Rolling Stone UK> 20 years ago.” (Laughs) The article also covered our musical side in depth, which was really great."

Rolling Stone...a bullshit magazine, used to manipulate people and make aspiring "singers" believe that it's somewhat of a honor to be featured by some gay pedophile with no notion about music.
Again, I am shocked about their own parasocial relationship - they don't go on a stage to grace the profession. They go on a stage because they are mentally ill as well, looking to be "cheered" by some fanatic underage, or at best - young girls. "it's more touching when people cheer us on and dance with us when we go on stage". How exactly is this dancing working?

Most of the bullshit "rock" is jewish propaganda. Most of it of a low quality, similar to bad pop.

From the same thread

taking a break. will continue later.

Last edited:
"You've been writing lyrics and composing music consistently. What kind of pride do you have in that area? 'My songs are exactly like this.'

Oh, no. (Laughs) Absolutely, not at all, but I try to take pride in my lyrics these days. The emotions in the lyrics I write are something only I know. In some ways, you might feel like I'm twisting my lyrics in a complicated way. I like writing lyrics that leave room for interpretation. I also get the most enjoyment from listening to someone else's music and interpreting it in my own way. So in terms of the 'style' aspect that you mentioned, I think I try to keep the melody easy-listening and the lyrics deep. I don't know how much that will be conveyed, but my songs have to be enjoyable for me to listen to.

The solo song 'So Good' that was performed during this tour was said to be a song that gathered only the most positive aspects of Hyunjin.

That's right. Among the many aspects of me, I chose my optimistic self and wrote the lyrics. 'There are countless things that make me suffer, things that tie me down, but isn't life fun despite all that?' It's a hip-hop base, but I used a unique rhythm, and in terms of performance, I thought communication with the audience was more important. Originally, I was going to just release it as a digital audio file, but as I was doing it, I wanted to go on stage with it. That's why I carefully cut the length of the song, added a dance break, and asked them to adjust the track so that it felt like a story of development and conclusion.

The main part is a very memorable song. It goes, 'Life is so good!' and it has a refreshing feeling like a carbonated beverage commercial.

That's right. I wanted the audience to feel the emotion that is the theme of the song directly. I will continue to sing it on tour, so I hope that later on, if the fans join in, there will be more synergy."
The sad truth is, that he has no idea what life is. He lives outside of reality, not being able to make mistakes, make decisions, be on his own, train his instincts, kept out of contact with whoever might brighten his mind, in fact ...their minds...because I am thinking about Taehyung and Jungkook as well, and people who aren't musicians shouldn't talk about music. I won't even comment on this line of amateurism and stupid questions and answers on the subject of music, because it's boring.

"The stage cam videos are already a hot topic. While watching them, I thought that Hyunjin-ssi's expressiveness and communication skills on stage are the best. Even if you look at the fan cam videos, they are so cool. Do you have any plans to make an official video?

I want to do it too. If possible, I want to capture the feeling of being on stage. The choreography practice video is good, but I really like myself on stage. I thought it would be good to film it as it is. I think that would fit this song better, and I also change my dance routine here and there during the stage. I want to capture that kind of live feeling."
Hyunjin-ssi's expressiveness and communication skills on stage are the best??
The best compared to what? To a dead animal, to a dancer, to a musician? What kind of a stupid statement is this?!?
What communication? What expressiveness? Whatever is going on, since August 2024 none of his performances have been near to what he's performed so far. There is no expression, just some weird attempts of doing...something.

It's the same route I've seen with Taehyung and Jungkook. They hit this moment in their stupid choices of being in a band, where they could and should do more, get out, yet they stay there, trying to find meaning and excitement with superficial things, that are more and more retarded.
Fan cams...how about the PERFORMANCE? Because if you compare FAN CAMS and videos from their performances with how dancers look, you will understand, that you cannot LOOK INTO A CAMERA and call it performance.

"Oh, I just got goosebumps imagining it. I think that within that raw production, there is an aspect of Hyun Jin's real life that created this stage and the message of 'Life is so good' that is being fully covered.

Yes. A raw feel. I think it would be good to just capture it in one take or as a raw feel video without editing it in a fancy way."
I have noooooo idea what they are talking about.

"There was an aspect that impressed me while watching an old interview. Many people praise Hyunjin's dancing skills, but Hyunjin said that he actually thinks of himself as the one who makes an impact on stage. I felt that it was a story about 'self-direction.'

I think I’m a person who has a greater passion for the stage than for dancing. Being good at dancing is the basic thing, but I’m more interested in the process of thinking about how to create and show my own thing, researching, and realizing it on stage. I feel like I’m who I am now through those things. I’m absorbed in something, creating a specific character, and acting it out… In fact, I know that the feeling I pursue is not ordinary, so it might seem a bit excessive. But these days, I feel that it’s important to just do what I want to do. It’s important to have my own thing. I think that if I continue to do this and cultivate my style, I’ll develop a popular aspect. So these days, I’m really doing what I want. (Laughs)"

Maybe this is a good example of how brainwashed they are and how/why I keep repeating, that all that they care about is this out-of-touch scenario that their criminal parents and the people around them have fed into their brains, this gaslighting making them have nothing but a abnormal, sick and dangerous life wish, to be constantly "praised" for just standing somewhere, where they think and feel that STAGE is a place where you just appear and those obsessed girls can scream at you and you hear their cheers, get the dopamine that keeps you "happy" and feel miserable at home, because you don't have it.

They don't know the meaning of "work" and "creation", the meaning of...MEANING. not a DOPAMINE rush, like a drug addiction.
At their beginnings, they can't reach their goals, unless they train to sing and dance presentably. This is why ALL bands look good when they start.
After that, it's all about keeping the cheering alive and fans addicted. They all become obsessed with this madness and don't care, don't ask themselves if this is something normal, something important, something of value.
As long as "fans" are cheering for them, everything it's good.

"I think I’m a person who has a greater passion for the stage than for dancing."
As I've mentioned previously, stage is the platform where you either dance, or sing/play an instrument, or do both.
What I see, is someone for whom stage is the way to get hyped and the rest doesn't matter.

I mean...all that children want to do is to play. And cheer. And laugh. It's problematic if you don't understand, that recreation is a nice aspect, but you can't to anything in life, if all that you do is playing while your neighbour's daughters cheer you up. Because they won't be cheering you forever. At some point, they go to school. Or they stay, cheer you up, become with you loosers, drug and alcohol addicts.

"But these days, I feel that it’s important to just do what I want to do."
There is a meaning in people realizing, that not doing whatever we want to do, is the best thing in life.
Doing whatever we want to do, a dangerous mindset.

"I was curious about that. Hyunjin's style was really unique during 'Chk Chk Boom' promotions. If not Hyunjin, who would have done that? Was that Hyunjin's choice?

Oh, I asked for the costume. I had a feeling that I really wanted to try in the song 'Chk Chk Boom', but no matter how much I looked, I couldn't find a design that matched the feeling I had in mind. So I drew a picture on my iPad and sent it to the person in charge. I pasted my photo on it, and I expressed things like a red cardigan, tight leather pants, a flowing feel, and unique red sunglasses. Fortunately, the stylists understood and completed it well, and the timing was good, so it worked out. This time, I was a bit greedy in terms of style."

In that case, he is actually the designer of that piece and I wonder why "his" lawyer didn't secure his copyrights and revenue.

"In a previous interview, Hyunjin said that his art and his music career were completely separate things. I don’t know if I’m over-reading it, but I think those separate, strong affections sometimes unintentionally connect.

As you said, it wasn't intentional at all, but this time I just did my best to do what I wanted to do well, and it just happened to work out. Even now, I don't really have any intention of combining the things I like. I just draw covers of my own music? That's about it."

I don't get the idea - what is separate? What exactly does he want to say? Also I don't understand ANYTHING from his answer to this question.

"You don't intentionally create contact points, but once a connection is made, you don't necessarily avoid it.

Actually, in my mind, creation is not divided into areas. It's all connected to some extent. When you look at a painting, there's text in it. It's the things the artist wants to express through the painting. That's why you can feel like you're reading a book while looking at a painting. Then, I try to express them through music, and conversely, I try to incorporate someone's words into art. In a way, it all comes from a person's life. 'The painting on the canvas is in a way the life of the person who painted it.' When I approached it that way, my paintings got better. I felt like I was studying life."

aaaa. Now I get it. I get what's wrong with his situation. He says, that with art he can express who he is. That's the point of art.
Without saying it directly, probably unconsciously, but his "musical career" doesn't reflect who he is.
Well, rather than doing it, he should realize, that in this case he should quit. Become a painter.
But no, because he would not be "cheered" on stage and live in a fictional world.

Do you understand what I mean?
They know deep down, that it isn't right. Yet they find excuses because they want to be "cheered"

"Even though I'm busy, I occasionally draw pictures and post them on Instagram. In fact, for creative works like paintings, you can't work on them for an hour even if you're given an hour. You need time to immerse yourself in a state where you can work.

(Laughs) That's right. That's why I draw a lot of figurative paintings. It's much easier in that sense. Since my job is an idol, I sometimes feel burdened and afraid of presenting abstract works. That's why I respect people who do abstract works even more. Whether people understand it or not, it takes a lot of courage to express what you feel in the most appropriate form. Sometimes, when I see works, I want to give them a big round of applause. I can't do that, so I'm continuing to study figurative paintings, but I want to study art more and draw a lot of abstract paintings someday."
Again, I believe the "I" is by mistake and it should be "you" as a translation.

I don't get the connection between in "idol" and abstract art.
Maybe because as an "idol" you deal with crazed girls worshiping you, but as a painter, some people my be offended if you suck? And that is why he closes the comments section.

As a general information - people should be careful with "abstract" art. Music, dancing, painting, architecture. It doesn't matter. Because amateurs can only draw "abstract" drawing, as they have no idea about painting. "architecture" goes down a destructive path, in the same way art does, because people don't want to study anymore, so we have more and more ugly buildings that are being built.

There are the same differences between the abstract art of a professional and an amateur. When you spend the first 2 years of your life doing nothing but scale representation, mathematics, and working your hands, in the same way you practice singing or playing an instrument, your paintings will look very different from the ones of an amateur.

The sad part here is, that some of his paintings are beautiful, especially from the earlier phase, where you could notice that he has a good hand, coming from practice.
Lately, his drawings are just some sad attempt to do something for the fans.
This is why he comes with this "abstract" bullshit, like an excuse for "please cheer for me, no matter what I do".
Again, for what is worth - some of his paintings were good enough for him to take more practice time and do it for real.

"If you look at your Instagram feed, you've been noticing some rather abstract works lately, right?

Let's try it little by little.

A year ago, I said that I was afraid of the public's opinion about 'an idol putting out abstract paintings'. So I looked at Instagram and felt happy to myself. I thought, 'Even if you're scared, you're someone who takes one step at a time.'

I don’t think my thoughts have changed. I’m still afraid. But I like it so much that I’m trying to get closer little by little. For now, I’m thinking about the parts I can omit from my paintings. If I were to draw a glass with flowers in it, I used to want to express everything. How to perfectly express the glass, the details of the flowers… I wanted to show off my drawing skills. Now, I’m giving up on that and thinking about how to focus more on my paintings, but it’s not as easy as I thought. It’s harder to take away than to fill."

Exactly like we've seen it in other situations- giving up things, always trying something new, because they don't get the same unreal dopamine reward back. They are only used with superficiality and when reality hits them, they run away.

"Is closing the comment window on a picture post also a product of fear?

That's because I don't want to be shaken. There are many people who give me positive feedback, but I don't want to decide my color based on that. I think it's time to explore something inside myself and find my own individuality rather than accepting feedback. And I also don't want to be someone to artists. In any case, those who love me will love my work as well. However, if there's only positive feedback, it might be uncomfortable for those who have chosen art as their real career."
...I addressed this before, but what surprised me, is that I read the article like you see it here, step by step. I was not aware that he actually said between the lines, what I mentioned before - basically angering painters.
In that case - why don't you take the same consideration, when it comes to music and dancing?

Another quote I've seen before, very problematic - those who love me will love my work as well.
NO. Loving someone and a profession are different. That's where it gets even more problematic, when they don't understand basic things. I love someone for who they are, but if they're bad at something,or even if they are dancers who have just had a bad performance, I am not going to LOVE what they did, if what they did sucked!

" I think it's time to explore something inside myself and find my own individuality rather than accepting feedback"
That's some way of saying, I don't want to be criticised if my work isn't good. There is also a difference between feedback, as in a superficial comment, and the eye of a professional, of a teacher.

You are a very cautious person.

It's just how I feel. When I look at the works of artists I respect, I don't want to do anything that could possibly hurt them. I'm really serious about art, but if that sincerity is misunderstood, it can hurt some people.
What exactly is he talking about. The deeper it gets into real stuff, the work of painters in this case, it seems like he wants to say something, but doesn't dare to do so. I see some caution of him realising that he isn't a painter. But...he has no problem considering himself a dancer and a singer.
That's the hypocrisy.

"I'm so busy that 11 p.m. is considered early, but I draw, exercise, and even make time to communicate with my fans through live broadcasts.

I do it because I want to. There aren't many people around me that I can talk to. I mostly talk to Stray Kids members, but it's kind of hard to call them late at night. So now I turn on the live broadcast and chat with the fans. When it's time to turn it off, I'm the one who regrets it the most. (Laughs)"

Nice to take every now and then time to address fans, but this starts to look like the typical drama of a puppet- singer, famous for nothing person, someone who doesn't get the unrealistic reaction from life and his surroundings, as he is used to, with all the hyping and thousands of comments saying "you are so great" and is looking for it, in a unhealthy way.

"At the end of your recent live broadcast, you asked your fans, “What do you think about when the live broadcast ends?”

Yes. I want to keep going, but I still have to sleep. I feel sad before turning it off, but when the live ends, I feel empty. That's why I thought that maybe the fans feel the same way. When I asked, they said yes. They said it's so quiet when the broadcast ends. So I thought about it. What if I do something like ASMR, like drawing something with a pencil, towards the end? That way, I can calm down a bit and the empty feeling will go away, and if I'm lucky, I might even fall asleep with it on. I'm trying various things."

Yup. What I've said. "I FEEL EMPTY".

"Oh my. I think this is the first time I've heard such heartbreaking fan love.

(Laughs) I usually meet my fans a lot, but I felt a lot of things during this concert in particular. When I see them at the concert hall, I can feel it in their eyes. How much they love me, how much they care for me. I think I kept turning on the live broadcast because I felt that so much after a long time. It's hard to explain in words, but I feel empty, but on the other hand, I feel very proud when the broadcast ends. I feel like I had a good time with my fans, and my fans had a good time with me. I fall asleep with that feeling that we've become very close."
Really? You MEET your fans a lot?

"How much they love me, how much they care for me."

And that's how people go down. When they misuse and misunderstand what loving and caring for someone means.
IF we get lucky in a lifetime to find someone who by choice loves us, cares for us, even then...a relationship is not a daily wooing, daily acting as if we're babies.
They will either end up like Jungkook, who was used by every girl he hinted at publicly, or in a very dark place. If they don't realize, that FANATICISM is NOT love.

I don’t know much about this band, supposably the pic below it from one of their videos…

...I find it interesting, how they never manage to get inspired and include "good" things in their videos. Their, as in the whole industry.

This is getting out of hands now.
He is NOT a baby, this weird behaviour, of going on social media, interacting with a world that is fictional, for the need to have little girls lining up like little hens telling one how great they are, wooing and worshiping that person, in a degenerate and sick way, is one of the worst and damaging aspects of this kpop-thing.

He's signalizing like I've said, more and more the same issues and presenters the same pattern as Jungkook and Taehyung and it should stop.

I don't even understand where the problem is, who "offended" him, but I don't find anything bad about him being thin, on the contrary. I find it nice. He used to be even thinner. That's what a dancer looks like. That's what healthy people look like. Not Taehyung-style, or Jungkook stuck on steroids, pills, weed, alcohol, etc.

The problem is, that whatever they did to his face - makeup or something else - it looks weird and I guess he knows it. It's not "being thin" the problem, but I guess they haven't noticed, or ignore the facial changes.

He is NOT a baby, this weird behaviour, of going on social media, interacting with a world that is fictional, for the need to have little girls lining up like little hens telling one how great they are, wooing and worshiping that person, in a degenerate and sick way, is one of the worst and damaging aspects of this kpop-thing.

He's signalizing like I've said, more and more the same issues and presenters the same pattern as Jungkook and Taehyung and it should stop.

I don't even understand where the problem is, who "offended" him, but I don't find anything bad about him being thin, on the contrary. I find it nice. He used to be even thinner. That's what a dancer looks like. That's what healthy people look like. Not Taehyung-style, or Jungkook stuck on steroids, pills, weed, alcohol, etc.

The problem is, that whatever they did to his face - makeup or something else - it looks weird and I guess he knows it. It's not "being thin" the problem, but I guess they haven't noticed, or ignore the facial changes.

Not every time being thin means being healthier

Not every time being thin means being healthier
Yes, you are right.
I am not talking about being anorexic. Some people are just thin, their body burns lots of calories. He was always thin. Having surplus fat on your body means eating more calories than needed, which means causing inflammation to the body, and fat deposits on the arteries. This subject isn't talked about and thought about enough.
It's also not necessarily about being thin, but also about having muscles - which he does. Our society has gotten used too much to a certain VIEW of our surroundings, filled with "not thin" people.
Look at images of how people in the 60s or 70s looked, and compare them to now.

I know what you mean, I just thought that I didn't have to specify a certain type of "thin". I meant - he's thin. Jin for example is also the thin-type. Yeonjun as well.

The HJ admin stated: He doesn’t feel safe in a space where he loves to come and where he should feel the most safe as it is “fans” that are supposed to pay and be with him!
1st of all, social media isn't necessarily a SAFE PLACE- but like @boti stated, these idols are brainwashed to think the fans are gonna cottle them & be their "safe place"- this kind of thinking is what leads to mental illness & delusion & possibly suicide, where the idols (and fans) are looking for the psuedo validation of their faves.
If that's the case where HJ doesn't feel safe, he should consider leaving & not put up with feeling unsafe.

The HJ admin stated: He doesn’t feel safe in a space where he loves to come and where he should feel the most safe as it is “fans” that are supposed to pay and be with him!
1st of all, social media isn't necessarily a SAFE PLACE- but like @boti stated, these idols are brainwashed to think the fans are gonna cottle them & be their "safe place"- this kind of thinking is what leads to mental illness & delusion & possibly suicide, where the idols (and fans) are looking for the psuedo validation of their faves.
If that's the case where HJ doesn't feel safe, he should consider leaving & not put up with feeling unsafe.
Thank you, I wanted to write exactly this and forgot.
This hypersensitivity and most of all superficiality is dangerous. He didn't enter a chat room to exchange some thoughts, he entered the chat room to receive appraisal, and if the whole drama is because of that one comment, I don't even understand where the problem is. Maybe I missed something, but let's not forget....those fans are idiots. Their comments and his are "let's eat something delicious tonight". "let's look forward to Christmas". "let's stay healthy".

etc...

Looking over those transcripts, I can't do anything but shake my head. Not just the level of discussion, but .... some of them are 11??? AGAIN??

ett1.pngett2.pngett4.png

I wrote about this yesterday, now it's out, printed by someone else....whatever....eitherway....did he got paid, or was it enough to be in the useless and unimportant "spotlight" cause "fame is short, money is long."

ett5.png

Also something I raised alarm about....the "fans" that were invited to be in direct contact with him and the event.

ett6.pngett7.png

Thank you, I wanted to write exactly this and forgot.
This hypersensitivity and most of all superficiality is dangerous. He didn't enter a chat room to exchange some thoughts, he entered the chat room to receive appraisal, and if the whole drama is because of that one comment, I don't even understand where the problem is. Maybe I missed something, but let's not forget....those fans are idiots. Their comments and his are "let's eat something delicious tonight". "let's look forward to Christmas". "let's stay healthy".

etc...

Looking over those transcripts, I can't do anything but shake my head. Not just the level of discussion, but .... some of them are 11??? AGAIN??

View attachment 1609View attachment 1610View attachment 1611

I wrote about this yesterday, now it's out, printed by someone else....whatever....eitherway....did he got paid, or was it enough to be in the useless and unimportant "spotlight" cause "fame is short, money is long."

View attachment 1612

Also something I raised alarm about....the "fans" that were invited to be in direct contact with him and the event.

View attachment 1613View attachment 1614
If this were done in the US, he'd be eviscerated to the extreme, & would probably have his home & PC raided...
I wonder how old the "fans" were who were invited...

I don't need another gay psychopath to talk about another man

or for updates about gay psychopaths following hyunjin, or any other kpop "IDOL"

sf39.png

This cannot be real....They are indeed making a drama out of a comment, that I yet have to understand, where its negativity relies upon.

"let's become big dumplings" ? THAT's the HORRIBLE COMMENT? JEEEESus cHRist.

Back